Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Diary of a Pregnant Crossfitter: Part Thirteen - WODs and Updates

I realized I haven't posted a good pregnancy update in awhile.  Well, I guess my last post about salt and swelling was a good update (you did read that, right?  You better read it, it's a good one!).  But I haven't posted Crossfit WODs or pictures in awhile.

Back at 35ish weeks I took a couple videos of a few moves just for personal reference.  After some thought, I decided to post those, especially after a friend mentioned it'd be great encouragement for other pregnant women working out.

Here are those:



Pardon my form, it's not perfect by any means.  That's where personal training is helpful, but I haven't been doing that lately.  Financial reasons is mainly why (house, Harlee's broken arm, maternity leave, you get the picture), among other things.  But, hey, I'm still Crossfitting, bump and all!

At 36.5ish (notice I say "ish" - it's an ESTIMATED due date, I could only be 34 weeks at that point, or I could be 40 and have the baby tomorrow, we don't know!) weeks I did:

3 rounds each of
20 back squats
20 push presses
20 deadlifts
all with just the 45lb bar.  Then I did a few with 65lbs:


deadlift
getting ready for a push press

A few days later I did some tabata, which consists of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest continuously for 4 minutes.  I did 3 different ones to total a 12 minute workout:

Air squats
Jumping jacks
Lunges
Push ups

Dead lifts (65lbs)
Back squats (65lbs)
Push ups
Calf raises

Step ups (about 18 inches I think)
Tricep dips
Air squats
Push press (45lbs)


I've had a couple friends over to work out in my patio gym too, which has been a lot of fun.  One day we did:

5 rounds each of
10 Thrusters (45lb bar)
15 push ups
16 10lb tricep kickbacks (8 each arm)

And another day Rachael came over and we did:

Jog 1 lap around the lake (160 meters)
10 Thrusters
30 Burpees
10 Thrusters
40 Step ups (she did box jumps, or picnic table bench jumps in our case!  Box jumps and my round ligaments don't get along very well so I haven't been doing those)
10 Thrusters
50 Push ups
10 Thrusters
60 Air squats
10 Thrusters
70 1-leg squats (35 each leg) (and Rachael did crunches - I can't do those for obvious reasons)
All weight was with the 45lb bar

I had Rachael take a few more pictures of me too - this was about 37ish weeks:



Notice my little photobomber in the first picture... :)

Then the morning of Harlee's birthday party, this past Saturday, I revisited the WOD that threw my shoulder out - and survived!!  I did lower the weight by 10lbs though, to be safe.  I did:

5 Rounds with 55lbs
5 Thrusters
20 push ups
10 Hang cleans
5 Back squats




And THEN (I'm so crazy excited about this), I practiced my push presses, and ACHIEVED MY LAST PERSONAL RECORD!!!  I didn't try to beat it, but I CAN STILL DO IT!!  105 pounds, pushed above my head!!


YAY!!  Ah I was thrilled.  What a great high.  And then my feet hurt really bad the rest of the day.... haha maybe I should've thought about how much I'd be on them and that maybe a workout THAT day wasn't the best choice, since it was Harlee's birthday party and I never really got the chance to sit.  Oh well.  My achievement that morning made it all worth it.

Then Monday I realized my kettlebell and yoga mat were still in Justin's work car, which was with him at work, so I decided to skip kettlebell and do my own workout at home.  It was an oven outside... but nonetheless I sweated through a WOD I revisited from March and somehow beat my previous time by 3 minutes!  (Probably because I just wanted to get it over with...)

10 Rounds
11 push ups
22 front squats (45lbs)



These pictures do not show how ridiculously sweaty I was... I definitely met my 1 gallon of drinking water quota for the day!

Anyway, that's my update.  Still going strong, and officially in the homestretch with two weeks left to go!  Well, maybe two weeks.  We really don't know for sure, I'm letting Elliot call the shots.  Harlee came a week late, but it's funny because with him I was MISERABLE and that last week was the longest week of my life, I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever!  This time, honestly, I'm perfectly fine with having another 4 weeks left - it's turned out to be a lot of fun and quite empowering to Crossfit while pregnant, and I feel amazing yet.  Great energy, very very little pain anywhere, and overall feeling pretty "normal" aside from the fact that it's really hard to put shoes on :-).

I'll be sure to keep you posted on further adventures!


Catch Up:
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six 
Part Seven 
Part Eight 
Part Nine 
Part Ten 
Part Eleven 
Part Twelve

No comments:

Post a Comment