Monday, June 16, 2014

Guacamole

It has been WAY too long since I've posted a recipe.  I have a few excuses - one being time... I haven't been very creative in the kitchen lately as I haven't really had time to do so.  Another being my oven.  It's been kinda... weird... like the cooking time and temperature have been way off in accordance with any recipe I've tried, so I finally had someone come out to service it Friday and it turns out that whenever our gas was hooked up, the guy who came out to do a leak check hooked the oven back up completely wrong.  It's working like a charm now!  Thank goodness, because ever since we bought it I've been in love with the concept of it, but very frustrated that it wasn't working!  It's one of those cool double oven ranges... well here let me just show you a picture (cuz I'm proud of how the kitchen turned out too!):


It was kinda hard to get a decent picture, the sun was shining right in the windows and washing the whole picture out.  But that's a view of the oven, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, now that that's working, once I get more time to experiment with recipes I'll be sure to post some!

But for now, I've got an awesome appliance-free recipe to share with you that is amazingly delicious and perfect for all the summer gatherings you've got coming up.  It's cool, refreshing, full of flavor, and has just enough of a kick to give it some extra pizazz.  Enjoy!






4 pitted, peeled, and mashed avocados
1/2 medium white or yellow onion, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
juice from 1 lime
1 tsp sea salt

Smoosh everything together in a bowl until you reach your desired consistency and either serve immediately or chilled.

And no, that's not a paleo tortilla chip.  I need to find a good recipe for that, but for now I'm cheating...

No comments:

Post a Comment