Friday, November 8, 2013

Guilt-Free Friday: Strawberry Chicken & Spinach

I'm not very creative when it comes to naming dishes.  So if anyone has a better idea, do share!  But for now, I'm naming it pretty much what it is.  It is also super delicious.  Sometimes I just impress myself!  I love strawberry or raspberry vinaigrettes anyway, and I was kind of in the mood for something like that but also wanting something simple, plus I had a bunch of spinach to use up.  So, voila, this happened!  And I am rather proud of it!  I'll be making this again, for sure!

I'm currently working on a ranch dressing, and ultimately a veggie pizza, so stay tuned for that, I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out!

Here's how today's recipe goes:



1/2 cup refined (preferably expeller-pressed) coconut oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
1 1/2 cups spinach, stems removed,
1 cup strawberries, divided
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
crumbled blue cheese (optional)

Cut about 3 strawberries into small pieces and place in a medium saucepan with the chicken, coconut oil, and vinegar and cook over medium heat.  Just before the chicken is cooked all the way through, add in the spinach and walnuts and stir until chicken is thoroughly cooked and spinach is wilted.

Remove from heat and serve hot topped with remaining strawberries (sliced) and blue cheese crumbles (optional).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment