Friday, October 18, 2013

Guilt-Free Friday: Pumpkin Blondies

Whew, almost too late posting this, and I don't want to miss yet another Guilt-Free Friday! Especially with this recipe.  I've already made it twice, and looks like a third batch will be coming up soon!  They're SO GOOD.  It's pumpkin season, so time to make some pumpkin recipes!  I roasted my first pumpkin, and it worked well!  So no more canned pumpkin puree for us!
Roasting a pumpkin is pretty easy.  Find a smallish pumpkin, they've got better flavor, and follow my spaghetti squash instructions and scoop out the meat when it's done cooking.  Then send it through a blender (or send a hand blender through it, much easier).


I was going to make a bunch of different recipes out of one pumpkin, but these blondies are so popular at my house that I've just been making them over and over!  I based it off of the sweet potato brownie recipe, and tweaked it to work with the pumpkin flavor.  Harlee's been requesting them for breakfast.  And ya know what?  That's okay!  Ah, the joys of the Paleo lifestyle!

Here's the recipe:




1 cup pumpkin puree
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (melt it in your dish in the preheated oven - then your dish is greased and ready to go too!)
1/3 cup honey (or liquid sweetener)
3 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves)
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, and honey in a bowl.  Add flour, spices, baking powder, and salt, and mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.
Transfer batter to your greased baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.  Let cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment