Saturday, March 30, 2013

Guilt-Free Friday: Sautéed Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, and Carrots with Melted Feta


Sorry for the long name.  Maybe I’ll just call it ABC Medley (Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and Carrots, in case you didn’t put that together… haha).  This was another one of those things that renewed my faith in my brain.  Kind of like the last Brussels sprouts recipe I created.  And this came out of my brain just out of the need to eat something for supper and use up some leftovers.  I was certainly pleased with the outcome!  I will be making this again, and again, and again!

It’s Easter this Sunday already… and we don’t have eggs colored or anything… and I’m not really sure when that’s going to happen because life just won’t slow down!  Thus the late Guilt-Free Friday post again…  I had every intention of getting this up earlier, but I had four back-to-back clients, errands to run, and when that was all said and done I had to take advantage of this gorgeous weather with my kiddo, so we played with plastic boats in the big puddle the snow left in our ditch.  I would share a picture of that, but I was too busy pushing a boat around with a stick to take pictures… sorry!  But here are some pictures from our snow day:

Frosty the Welding Snowman and his igloo!  Definitely got creative in the snow!  Yes he has a mustache.  And he looks like Justin does after a long day of welding...


Harlee wants to explore this igloo!
My snow bunny!  He loves this weather!

 And now for that recipe!


This is one serving, since I made this after I got home from work late and Justin’s on nights and Harlee already ate with his babysitter.  So just multiply this by however many people you’re feeding it to!

You will need:
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium-large carrot, chopped
6 Brussels sprouts, halved
6 asparagus spears, cut in 2-inch pieces
4 or 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of black pepper
2(ish) tbsp crumbled Feta cheese

Directions:
Sauté the carrots in the olive oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes (I let them cook while I chopped the sprouts).  Place the Brussels sprouts cut-side-down in the oil and cook for another 1-2 minutes (and cut up the asparagus while they’re in there).  Toss in the asparagus.  Dash in the garlic and pepper, and add in the tomatoes.  Stir the veggies to evenly coat with spices and evenly cook, for about 2-3 more minutes.  Add in the Feta cheese and stir until melted and coating the vegetables.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment