Saturday, May 16, 2015

Paleo Banana Muffins

I made paleo banana muffins awhile back and never saved the recipe.  Then here I was with overripe bananas and no recipe to follow to recreate the muffins I made before!  These turned out even better than those, though, so I'm not making that mistake again - I'm writing it down now before I forget!

Harlee used to eat bananas all the time.  I never had to make banana bread with overripe bananas because he'd eat them all before they ever got to that point.  I guess his taste buds changed because he's not as interested in them anymore, and since I don't care for them that much (and apparently Justin doesn't either), and the co-op basket always comes with bananas, we now have the overripe situation.

Bring on the banana bread! Paleo-style, of course.

I found the original recipe on PaleoNewbie.com and added my own twist to it.  Bananas need peanut butter, in my opinion.  And peanut butter needs chocolate.  So, without further ado, I give you:

Paleo Chocolate-Chip-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Nut Muffins  (say that three times fast...)

3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup nut butter (I used peanut)
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup (or more...) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F.

With a stand mixer or hand mixer, mash the banans and mix with the eggs, vanilla, butter, and peanut butter. Add the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips and nuts) and mix into a batter.  Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.

Line a muffin tin with baking cups and pour the batter into each one.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick insterted comes out clean.

Enjoy now, or freeze for later!


No comments:

Post a Comment