Friday, December 27, 2013

Preparing for Changes in 2014

It's after 4pm and I JUST realized it's Friday, meaning Guilt-Free Friday, meaning I need to blog something...  I haven't been cooking much lately, which is sad.  Christmas cookies?  Yeah, didn't happen - only the two recipes I posted, and I hardly ate any of them.  Just haven't been interested.  It's been a... different... month for me.  I have to apologize to all you readers for going MIA, but I fully intend to get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.  There have been a lot of changes happening, all good ultimately, but they've sort of interfered with my life and lifestyle.  Why must the holiday season be so difficult for someone trying to live a healthy lifestyle??  I have fallen off the Paleo wagon so badly it's embarrassing.  But I must say, I am SO proud of and SO happy for all of you who did so well sticking with it.  I watch some of your posts on Facebook or your messages to me and see that you're trying out some of my recipes for family gatherings and you're doing so well with it.  That's awesome.  That's what I wanted - to help you all find an easy, enjoyable way to switch over to a healthy lifestyle.  I have a few things on my plate that's made it a bit more difficult than before to stick with certain things, which I promise to share more about within the next month or two, but I'm working hard on psyching myself up to start fresh again with the New Year.  2014 will come with a lot of changes that were inspired by events in 2013 - eye openers that reminded me we're not invincible, that we need to take extra care of ourselves NOW to enjoy our lives both now and LATER.   I want that for everyone else too.  I want everyone to see what I've seen, to know what I know, and to feel the motivation to take care of yourselves before it's too late.  Let's all make 2014 a year of positive changes.

One of my blogging New Year's resolutions is to focus more on mental health.  That's one thing I've been struggling with, which I know is probably 80% related to my poor diet lately, but also hormonally and possibly due to circumstances as well.  But it's something that's ignored way too often.  Something that's brushed over like it's not really worth considering or taking into account.  Like it doesn't matter when it comes to the big picture of general health.  But it does, and I know that for a fact personally.  I want to talk more about the importance of sleep, the importance of exercise, and get more into how diet affects your mood and mental health.  How hormones work and why they're so important and how to take care of them. I also want to talk about alternatives to psychiatric drugs, which I feel are SO dangerous and over-prescribed and can lead to problems far worse than what you were dealing with to begin with.

And for my personal New Year's resolutions - to get back into my healthy lifestyle stronger than before.  To exercise more.  To make sure my family is healthy and strong.  And to inspire more people to work towards better health and to realize the importance of taking care of yourself now.

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday season.  We've got one last Christmas gathering tomorrow night and then it's on to New Year's celebrations and onward into 2014.  I'm excited for the new year.  It's going to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment