Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Season of Change

Happy Fall everyone!

I've been thinking I need to switch up this blog.  I kept thinking of great posts, and then never got around to writing them.  Yes, I'm busy, so I can use that as an excuse, but times like right now (Harlee is napping, Justin is hunting, the house is actually still clean from yesterday (whoa!!)) do actually happen every great once in awhile, so why am I playing on Pintrest rather than getting my thoughts out there for you all to read?  Okay Pintrest is pretty great too... but not as productive.

After some contemplation I realized it's because the concept of my blog has been waaaay too "run of the mill".  And I'm not a run-of-the-mill kind of person.  I love my little family and what I've got going here, but writing about our day to day happenings just didn't seem that exciting to me.  But, while I was pregnant, I did have a lot of fun sharing all my new findings and thoughts and feelings about natural pregnancy and birth.  But the whole "Once Upon the Papenbergs" title wasn't matching up to that kind of "natural lifestyle" theme.  So today I ditched the old title, even the old domain, and I am now officially converting over to Naturally Jami.  Yay!

I changed the About My Blog tab too, that way you have a little background on what brought about the change.

So.  Continuing on.  I have a napping 15-month-old that has taught me SO MUCH and I've been really excited to share some of my findings and experiences with you.  I have lots of plans for this blog, so hopefully I'll stick with it and get to share everything.  Things like natural ways to help tummy aches (and not just for baby, but for grown-ups too!), relieve sinus congestion or runny noses (currently dealing with that with my little guy...), and I hope to share recipes for healthy snack alternatives as well.  I'm also planning on educating and explaining, too.  This small-town rural southern Illinois family of ours has proven to be pretty unconventional when it comes to the "norm" in child-rearing, and I'd like to use this as an opportunity to explain why we do what we do.

But PLEASE know that I am NOT in any way trying to TELL you what to do.  If I want to tell you what to do, I'll just come right out and say, "You need to do XYZ."  But that won't happen very often unless it's a special circumstance because a) it's annoying and b) it's rude.  Seriously, I only want to share my thoughts and opinions, radical as they may be, simply for education's sake.  I truly believe our differences are what makes the world go round.  If everybody thought like I think and did what I do, life would be pretty boring.  But I wanted to make sure you all know that's how I feel.  Believe it or not, a couple of "friends" actually deleted me from Facebook because of my blog posts about natural pregnancy and birth, I'm guessing because they felt I was being pushy about it?  I have no idea, but it did make me realize that I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to tell them to be just like me.  I just aim to educate, and then you may do whatever you want with that knowledge.

Alright, I think that about sums it all up.  I'm excited for this change, I hope you enjoy reading, and I hope you learn something too!

2 comments:

  1. Excited to read more. If those "friends" deleted you from their facebook, you are better off without them. I always like to read and hear how another mama does things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I know, I agree I'm better off, but it still makes me feel like I have to put a disclaimer on everything :P. Thank you for the positive feedback though! I like hearing how other moms do things too, we can all learn from each other!

      Delete