Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Day

I am laying on the couch "enjoying" yet another snow day.  This one came out of nowhere!  Justin and I woke up to practically a blizzard this morning.  He went ahead and braved the conditions to go to work, but called me along the way saying to stay inside, it's not worth trying to get out.  Which sucks because I was really excited about going back to the Healing Arts Center for an extended education class in homeopathic cell salts I had signed up for not too long ago.  I was also excited to get out of here because I am getting cabin fever!!  Going to HAC would have been such a welcome break - being in small town southern Illinois ALL THE TIME kinda sucks a lot out of me, and I've been becoming increasingly aware of that since I graduated in 2009.  I felt so much more positive, stronger as a person and energetically, when I was there practicing energy work and staying on top of it.  It felt so good, and I felt so good, and now here I am back in an area where what I learned is completely foreign to everyone and I just kinda fell into the old lifestyle...  And I know I need energy work back in my life, or at least a stronger field surrounding me, especially now that I'm nurturing a little one to bring into the world this summer, and going back to my school would have reminded me of what I've been missing this past year...  Oh well, maybe this is a sign or a reminder that it's in me regardless, I just need to find the tools to uncover it on my own.

So I did some prenatal yoga this morning and wow that felt great!  I need to remember to do this every day!  It was awesome, really focused on connecting with the baby and being surrounded by love and positive energy.  What a great environment for both of us to be in...  It coincides with a book I'm reading called Painless Childbirth by Guiditta Torneta.  I'll be honest, I bought the book while I was still having a lot of fears and reservations about labor and delivery (and oh my lord did I have some fears!  I couldn't even bring myself to think about that final day(s) of pregnancy and what I would go through to bring this child into the world...) and the title itself drew me in.  "Childbirth, painless?  No way...  Tell me more!" and I read reviews from so many women saying they applied what they learned in the book and they too had a painless childbirth.  The birth being all natural, no medical interventions, just to clear that up for the Westerners reading this.  So of course I bought it.  Turns out it's basically a shift in the mindset about childbirth, and it's a step-by-step guide to balancing our energy and emotions during each stage in pregnancy.  It's wonderful, full of great food for thought.  For the first time I'm not fearing that day (or days, depending how long this little guy decides to take!) but actually looking forward to it.  And yes I fully intend to do it all-natural.  I know I'm capable of it, why wouldn't I be?  And it'll be pretty empowering knowing I did, too.

Anyway.  Just rattling some stuff off my mind.  Technically I'm also procrastinating... this snow day is a perfect opportunity for me to actually get some stuff done!  Like this 16x20 drawing I'm supposed to be working on for a guy in Kentucky, or cleaning bathrooms, or vacuuming floors, or mopping the kitchen and bathrooms, or finishing all the cleaning and organizing for the baby's room, or going through stuff for the yard sale, etc., etc., etc.....  Sigh.  When does "nesting" kick in?  Because I'm experiencing the exact opposite - I am officially lazy.  And it's pretty frustrating!  But I can't seem to get myself in gear...  I guess I'll force myself to get it done.  I'll just try to stay focused on the rewarding, accomplished feeling I'll have at the end when I'm putting my feet up and watching TV...  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment